here is our advice
Take a step back to get ahead
Going headlong was never good advice. Digitization won't change that. In a world where everything is going faster and faster, this is even the secret of a successful transition: take the time to gain visibility.
Just as a construction project requires method and anticipation, the digitization project must first and foremost respond to concrete issues:
- What do you want to aim for?
- What are the issues you face and that digitalization should help solve?
- What prospects, in 5 or 10 years, feeds digitalization?
By answering these simple questions, you are charting the path that will be yours to a destination that you will have defined yourself. To help you, the site of the BNP Paribas offers a quick test in 5 minutes, allowing you to situate your branch in the face of the challenge of digitalization.
« 35% of projects are carried out thanks to BIM in France »
Make BIM the backbone of your digitization
We sometimes come close to indigestion, however, inexorably, the digital model returns. This is to say if it is promising for the future for the design professions. If today, studies indicate that 35% of projects are carried out thanks to BIM in France*, everything suggests that France is following the Anglo-Saxon trajectory where BIM is omnipresent. BIM comes from English Building Information Modeling which translates into Modeling Information (or data) of the Building.
From design to deconstruction, the digital model is the embodiment of what digital has to offer to construction. Its 5D dimension, integrating planning and budget, generates significant improvement potential across the entire construction value chain, in terms of costs, quality, deadlines, safety.
While remaining a priority, the focus on BIM may vary from one construction actor to another depending on where they are in the value chain. Even within the galaxy of builders, the actors mainly related to the building will adopt different approaches to BIM compared to those working mainly on infrastructures. Generalist builders will mainly expect a more efficient system and shorter project completion times.
To each his own BIM of course, but each in BIM all the same!
Tweets, likes and social networks: show to be seen
You are the best. That suffers from no doubt. The problem lies in the fact that few people, and therefore potential clients, know this. How can you blame them? Unless you have been recommended by a mutual acquaintance, you do not give your potential client any chance of getting to know you.
The website, if it is not in itself a revolution for your agency, is a major asset that should not be neglected. His first strength: allow you to exist when Google is asked to display architects around you. Referenced as you are now, the Internet user discovers your past projects, the faces that make up your agency and your contact details.
If the final judge is and will remain the quality of your work, putting it forward allows you to associate it with the solidity of your network, the opportunity for a meeting born of digital.
It's the same for the use of social networks. No offense to the most reluctant, it is not only hiding videos of cats and influencers. In a context where more than 2.4 billion people connect at least once a month on Facebook, being there can neither hurt you nor harm your business.
Some Instagram accounts to follow to pour out your architectural desires:
- @The White : account of a German photographer, Sebastian Weiss, who offers monumental fragments with elegance and admiration of the structure of buildings.
- @socialistmodernism : An ode to concrete! Behind Socialist Modernism is an account exclusively dedicated to the brutalist works of the Soviet Union from 1955 to 1991 and designed by the architects and researchers gathered within the NGO BACU.
- @Macenzo : the Dutchman Macenzo draws the portrait of the most beautiful facades.
- @ArchDaily : Documented, exhaustive, contemporary… a documented and heterogeneous source of inspiration.
- @Compliant : outrageous mashups, images that arouse curiosity. If you love architecture and history, then this account is for you.
Some Instagram figures
17 million French people are on Instagram each month (MAU), that's 3 million more than a year ago, i.e. 31% of Internet users, and 25% of the total population.
More than 200 million "Instagrammers" consult at least one professional profile every day.
Manage your business with management software specially designed for you
ERP. Saas. No, these are not comic book onomatopoeias, but many letters that must resolutely modify your relationship to the activity of your agency. Until now, or at least until before the outbreak of COVID-19, business is going. You know this because your employees are overwhelmed with projects, so much so that your accountant is drowning in the follow-up of invoicing and financial analysis of the agency and for you, difficult to follow the multiple schedules and advancements in phases to respect your delivery dates and associated budgets.
If you recognize yourself in one of the following scenarios, it's time to take an interest in the 3 letters of theBusiness Resource Planning :
- Management tools, invoicing, time recording and management control are raw databases and not interfaced with each other. Understand: Excel documents, which make internal controls difficult, and threaten the data reliability.
- Your teams or yourself are confined to many tasks with low added value, such as re-entering information, which is also a source of errors.
Good news : OOTI is the tool you need and our team is at your disposal to support you in the digitalization of your agency!